Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Paprika

Its been a while since I last posted about movies, am I right?

"Definitely not your average anime movie."
Yours truly, Amanda Louis.


This time its an anime movie called Paprika. I remembered I read an article that listed out anime movies that were categorized as weird but little did I know that Paprika was listed in it too until I watched the movie. Read the article, forgot about it, end of story. Mind you I think that was a year ago but today, few hours ago, one of my friend posted a scene from Paprika in GIF format and boy was I so into looking up this movie. Guess it was meant to be since this movie popped up again on my Facebook feed.

All I can say is, that this movie is the freaking bomb! I don't know about you but I like movies that are either sad or weird as hell. Take Coraline for instance. I loved that movie! Back to the actual point of this post, Paprika is actually a movie that involves fantasy, horror(not so much), mystery, psychology and Sci-Fi. Its about how a new psychotherapy treatment is invented but then the prototypes got stolen and how the main protagonist called Atsuko Chiba, a doctor is suppose to go through dreams as her alter ego, Paprika to look for the culprit behind all the bullshit happening. In short, this movie is something like Inception. Not the same, but similar.

I really love all the illustration and colors in this movie! Yes it was a bit draggy but I just love it! Of course when you read a post bout a movie you'll always get a little spoiler right? I'm just gonna roll in the GIFs cause that's how I like to do my movie reviews but no worries, there aren't any big spoiler giveaways in these ones.





So, have I caught your attention yet? For those who are actually interested in the movie, I actually linked it to the first picture in this post because as usual, I like linking stuff on pictures ;) You don't have to download anything cause you can stream it online if you wanna watch it so no worries! Hope you enjoyed reading bout the weird things I enjoy. Have a good day ahead of you :)




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Moustache